HP 61 black ink cartridge not printing: An inkjet cartridge or ink cartridge is a component (or part) of an inkjet printer. This component contains ink that is placed onto paper during the printing process. Every particular ink cartridge comprises one or more than one ink reservoirs.
The HP 61 inkjet cartridge works with an inclusive range of Deskjet®, ENVY® as well as Office-Jet® printers. Deskjet 2540, Deskjet 1000 series and HP ENVY 4500 & 5530 series are some of the more popular ones.
Sometimes after installing ink or toner cartridge in the printer, a new message on the printer will pop up such as:
- The printer’s screen displays that toner is not compatible.
- The printer’s screen displays that the printer cartridge not detected, or the printer cannot detect ink. In such a case, a low level or empty level of an ink/ toner displayed on the computer.
- The printer’s screen displays that ‘HP Cartridges locked’ or ‘Cartridge Protection enabled.’
- The printer’s screen displays a message on the printer warning ‘no cartridge installed’ (or words to that effect).
- The printer indicates, Flashing warning lights.
Reasons why the printer HP 61 black ink cartridge not printing
There are the most common reasons why the HP printer not printing Black. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The printer needed Internal memory reset.
- Needed a cleaning of printhead.
- Protective strips have not been removed.
- Dirty/ damaged contacts stop chip data being read.
- HP Cartridge Protection is enabled.
- The Incorrect consumable installed in a slot.
- An Ink cartridge has not been correctly inserted in its slot.
- Refill ink.
Solutions of if the printer HP 61 black ink cartridge not printing
Solutions of if the printer HP 61 black ink cartridge not printing are mentioned below:
- Clean the Printhead: The process of cleaning a printhead is different for various HP printer models. HP 61 inkjet printer with clogged/ blocked printhead nozzles do not generally print black ink. Follow the below-mentioned steps to clean the printhead:
- On the printer, go to its control panel and touch an icon of the setting.
- Now go to the Touch Tools, and select the option Clean Printhead.
- Go to the option Clean Printhead function from the computer.
- If step 1 does not work then open the cover of the printer. Before doing this, unplug the printer from the power source.
- Remove each inserted ink cartridge and also, by using a cloth (cotton cloths are more preferred for this) clean the contacts.
- Now, clean printhead contacts.
- Reinsert the print cartridges.
- Plug-in back the printer.
- Start the printer and allow it to boot up
- Run the automated startup sequence.
- Print a test paper to check whether an issue is fixed or not. Also, do this procedure 4 to 5 times.
- If the print quality is better, touch the Done option.
- If the print quality is not better, touch the Clean Again option. The printer will clean the cartridges again. Give a print and check another test page.
- Check out the printer’s manual for more specific details on how to give a print.
- Remove the black cartridge:
- Plug-in the printer to an electric source and turn it ON.
- Discover the slots on the left side as well as the right side of the HP 61 printer.
- Open the cartridge access door (where you see the carriage moves to cartridge access area. All you have to do is wait until the carriage is idle state plus silent.)
- Lift the lid on the cartridge slot, and after this gently push the lid back (until it completely stops). This process is to release the cartridge.
- To eliminate it from a slot, now, pull-up on the black cartridge.
- Set black cartridge sideways, with nozzles facing-up, and close the cartridge access door.
- Print a test paper to check whether an issue is fixed or not.
Dial us at Flexianswers +1-833-346-0288 to get in touch with Experts who will assist you with the most suitable solutions 24*7